Monday, September 25, 2006

Meetings in Scotland

The past few weeks have been a combination of work and pleasure. In between seeing a lot of the beautiful sites in Scotland, Shetland and Orkney I have had the opportunity to preach the Word and give reports on the Lord's work in Los Angeles. The meetings have been a real blessing. We have been encouraged by the interest shown along the way. I preached some seven times in Shetland and three times in Orkney. What a privilege to preach in Shetland, the land of my mother's birth and then to preach in Orkney, the land of my grandfather's birth. I think that was the highlight of my time up north. I thank the Lord for the godly heritage passed on by my forebears.

Yesterday, Sunday, we were with the Assembly in Arbroath - about an hour's drive south of Aberdeen. In between meetings we ate Sunday dinner with John Beattie, which he himself prepared - steak pie. John is a young 91. In the late afternoon we had tea with Charles and Joan Miller and after the evening service we had supper with Nicol and Isabel Millar. The day was a great finish to our "Scotland tour." The people in Arbroath really encouraged us with their interest in the work we are doing in Los Angeles.

We were sorry to say goodbye today to our good friends Stan and Wilma Jenkins. Their home has become our Scottish home! We had a wonderful time with them.

No comments: