Friday, August 11, 2006

It has been interesting to be here in Russia and find out all the ways you can be used - yes, even on the sewing machine!! Debbie has been making use of me with mending and also helping to re-upholster a rocking chair!! Dick has been given the job of fixing the chair and me the remaking of the pillows....with plenty of help from the grandchildren.

All is going well and we are seeing plenty as well as relaxing ... tomorrow will be a new experience as we go by train out into the country to visit as "Dacha" which is a country cottage where the locals go in the summer to plant their vegetable gardens and gather in a harvest. It should be an interesting experience and we will try and post some photos of that. This posting of photos is a new experience for us and we are trying to learn the ropes.

3 comments:

billandpange said...

Thanks for all the pictures... great to see everyone!

TheBigYarhoo said...

I guess someone's got to put you guys to work while you're away. How's the Russian coming along?

Anonymous said...

Just go this blog address from my Dad. I've totally enjooyed reading about your experiences. My favorite blog was the one about your class. There is nothing like travelling and language learning to reduce you to a shadow of your former confident self- teehee. It is an opportunity to grow :) Say hi for me- and I'll enjoy reading more about your trip. Enjoy your fam!!
Heather Swan